The Third Annual Asbury Family Dinner is this Wednesday November 24th, 2010 – Thanksgiving Eve. Featuring musical guests Last Perfect Thing, Scott Liss & The Sixty-Six and more. Proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
An 18 and up, 21 to drink event. Doors 7pm, Dinner Served at 8pm, Tickets: $10 (For Music Only) Reserve only Tickets($20) for Monmouth & Ocean Foodbank send Dinner requests to email@example.com.
- Island Salad-Avocado, Papaya, Hearts of Palm, Plum tomatoes, Shredded Carrot and Purple Cabbage, Mixed Lettuce, Quessa Fresca, Red Onion,Cucumber,Chili-Lime Vinaigrette-cheese on side
- Tostones-Crispy Plantain Fritters with Garlic Coriander Sauce-vegan
- Jerk Chicken Thighs and Breasts
- Curried Oxtail Stew
- Shrimp and Scallop Vatapa-Coconut broth,mixed peppers, lime and herbs
- Peas N’ Rice-pigeon pea-rice pilaf-vegan
- Braised Callalloo-if unavailable,turnip greens-vegan
- Johnny Cake-Island cormeal bread
- Ginger beer for non drinkers/mixing with rum and lime.
These dishes span the Carribean, Brazil, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico.
For more information visit the 3rd Annual Family Dinner Facebook event page.