MTV has announced the following new shows for their 09/10 upfront:
–The Alexa Chung Show–a new daytime program similar to TRL hosted Chung, a 25-year-old British model and TV personality.
– The Buried Life – Four guys on a quest to prove everyday people can do anything. After each one accomplishes a task on their list then they will help a stranger do something on theirs.
– DJ and the Fro – Animated series reminiscent of Beavis and Butthead for a new generation. The show centers on DJ and Fro, corporate workers who make observations about online video clips.
– The Stylist (wt) – Reality series where young junior assistants are challenged while on the job working for successful celebrity stylists. No eliminations will happen in this competition, though viewers will be able to tell which assistants are doing well and which ones are not. The final chosen assistant will get a contract with the Margaret Maldonado Agency.
– Ultimate Parkour Challenge – World Freerunning and Parkour Federation. Parkour is an extreme sport where athletes run from point “A” to point “B” though it is performed on any surface and in any environment. Throughout this series, eight athletes compete with the final winner receiving $10,000 and title of Ultimate Parkour Champion.
– Pranked – 3 p.m. weekly series showing off the best pranks found online.
– Popzilla – Quick paced animated 30m sketch show featuring jibes at current pop culture.
– Gone Too Far – One-hour series hosted by DJ AM with each episode focusing on a young adult 18-25 who suffers from a series addiction and needs help from an addiction expert.
– Disaster Date – Hidden camera show that sets up unsuspecting daters who go on terrible blind dates with improv actors. The daters who stick with their date unknowingly rack up cash.
– The Hills, ROB Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory, Nitro Circus, America’s Best Dance Crew, and Run’s House – Will return next season.
For those of you LC fans, you may be disappointed. MTV will be airing the second half of season 5 focusing only on Heidi and Spencer as Lauren Conrad is leaving the show.