Photo Credit: Mayumi Nashida
Hurricane Bells‘ upcoming Down Comes The Rain EP will be released September 28th, 2010, on frontman/band architect Steve Schiltz’s own Invisible Brigades label and can currently be streamed in its entirety at www.hurricanebells.com.
Down Comes The Rain follows Hurricane Bells’ debut album, Tonight Is The Ghost, which was released earlier this year. Like that album, the EP was written and recorded solely by Schiltz in his Brooklyn, NY, apartment and Queens, NY, studio. Hurricane Bells touring mainstay Ashen Keilyn (of Scout) joins him on backing vocals on the five tracks, which includes two new songs, “The Waiting Song” and “The Deep End,” in addition to three covers: “Make A Deal With The City” by East River Pipe; “Into The Ocean” by Blue October; and “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” by The Shirelles.
Down Comes The Rain is also now available for pre-order via the band’s website and MySpace page. With purchase, fans will receive a free remix EP, Ghost Stories, of select songs from Tonight Is The Ghost, as well as an immediate digital download of Down Comes The Rain. The Ghost Stories EP includes:
- “Monsters” (a Tonight Is The Ghost b-side featured on The Twilight Saga: New Moon soundtrack), remix by Carlos Anthony Molina (Mercury Rev)
- “The Darkness Is So Deep,” remix by Sammy James, Jr. (Mooney Suzuki)
- “This Is A Test,” remix by George Pasles (Overlord)
- “Winters In New York,” remix by Carlos Anthony Molina
- “This Is A Test,” remix by Travis Harrison (of Serious Business Records, also occasional Hurricane Bells touring drummer)
Hurricane Bells, who were chosen as one of Alternative Press‘ ‘100 Bands You Need To Know In 2010’ this spring, will play two shows around the release of Down Comes The Rain: September 18th at DC9 in Washington, DC, and September 25th at The Rock Shop in Brooklyn, NY.