Sept 27, 2010 – New York, NY – CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival has announced its first round of panelists including:
· AJ Benson, Head of Label Operations for A&M/Octone Records
· Ariel Hyatt, Founder of Ariel Publicity & CYBER PR
· Amy Rosen, Director of Music Supervision & Licensing, Grey NYC
· Bob Cramer, Chairman & CEO of Nimbit
· Cliff Chenfeld, Co-Owner of Razor & Tie
· Craig Balsam, Partner & Managing Director of Razor & Tie
· Dan Goldberg, Director of New Business Development, Roadrunner Records
· Dar Williams, Artist & Musician
· David Boxenbaum, General Manager, A&M/Octone Records
· Dev Sherlock, Producer, The Hype Machine
· Eric Galen, Founder & CEO, Music 180.com
· Fred Feldman, President, Triple Crown Records
· Jim Cooperman, COO & General Counsel, tinyOGRE Entertainment
· John Boyle, President, Hello Music
· Justin Shukat, General Manager/Founding Partner, Primary Wave Music Publishing
· Kyle Kelso, Producer/Songwriter, Big Brownstone Prductions
· Larry Wanagas, Manager, Bumstead Productions, Ltd.
· Linda Lorence-Critelli, VP, Writer-Publisher Relations, SESAC
· Mark Kates, Founder, Fenway Recordings
· Neil Levine, Senior Vice President/GM, Battery Records/RCA/JIVE Label Group a Division ofSony Music Entertainment
· Patrick Sullivan, CEO and President, RightsFlow,
· Paul Morgan, VP Creative, BMG
· Sindee Levin, President, American Mechanical Rights Agency, Inc. (AMRA)
· Steve Martin, Founder/Owner, Nasty Little Man
· Ted Cohen, Managing Partner, Tag Strategic
· Tim O’Heir, Producer/Engineer, Golden Ear
· William Langolf, A&R, tinyOGRE Entertainment
· Zeeshan Zaidi, COO, LimeWire
For the full list of panelists, please visit http://www.cmj2010.com/panels/panelists/
CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival 2010 has also announced the following panels:
* From Crowd Surfing To Crowd Funding
* Making Money In A Singles Market
* How To Sell 500 Tickets In 5 Markets
* Free Your Copyright, And The Rest Will Follow
* Quantifying Analytics; Let The Data Decide
* Getting Paid From The Song
* Hey Mr. DJ, Put A Record On… A Real One
* Tailored Plans For Modern Bands
* Hip-Hop For Profit
* Hitting Your Target: Using Adwords, Facebook Ads & Blog Networks To Reach Your Fans
* Labels In The Black And How They Are Succeeding
* So You Want To Be A Music Blogger, Who Cares?
* Take Back The Mic
* Challenging Hip-Hop Stereotypes
* Taking It From The Home Studio To The Next Level
* Taming Your Social Media Beast
* The “Free Play For Free Promotion” Free-For-All
* The 360 Deal Does A 180
* The Sync Is Clogged
* Today’s Featured Download
* Your Brand Is Your Future
For full descriptions, visit http://www.cmj2010.com/panels.
Over 700 performing artists have already been announced for CMJ 2010 (with still more coming soon), including Phoenix, GZA, UNKLE, Black Sheep, John Vanderslice, Cute Is What We Aim For, DeVotchKa, Surfer Blood, Two Door Cinema Club, School of Seven Bells, Four Tet, and many more. Please go to www.cmj2010.com for more artists.
2010 brings the launch of CMJ Play, the first-ever intensive gaming and music seminar on October 20th, 2010. It will be a one-day summit featuring key gaming and music leaders hostedby CMJ Music Marathon in association with the Music Video Game Research Project at NYU Steinhardt at New York University’s Helen and Martin Kimmel Center for University Life, in the Richard L. Rosenthal Pavilion. Registration for CMJ Play is open at www.cmj2010.com. Registration fee of $149 includes admission to this one-day event, the interactive exhibit area, CMJ Music Marathon Exhibit Lounge and evening showcases during October 20, 2010 only (All CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival badge holders are of course welcome to attend).
CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival is one of the world’s most important platforms for the discovery of new music and cutting-edge films, and will take over New York City from October 19-23, 2010. Over five nonstop days and nights, CMJ will feature over 1200 live performances from over 30 countries in more than 75 of New York City’s greatest venues and theaters. In addition to hundreds of showcase performances, cutting-edge films and informative panels, CMJ 2010 will present over 70 panels including featured speakers, a music business law seminar, and College Day and will feature live music performances, exclusive parties, an exhibitor loft, a registrant lounge, an artist gifting suite, meet and greets, seminars, mentoring sessions, networking events, comedy showcases, Q&As, and special events.
For the latest news, artist updates, discount badge registration and more information visit: www.cmj2010.com.
About CMJ Network Inc.
CMJ Network connects music fans and music industry professionals with the best in new music through interactive media, live events and print. CMJ.com offers a digital music discovery service, information resources and community to new music fans, professionals and artists. CMJ Events produces the legendary CMJ Music Marathon, the largest and longest-running music industry event of its kind, in addition to live events and tours across the US. The weekly music-business trade magazine CMJ New Music Report is the primary source for exclusive charts of non-commercial and college radio airplay, and independent and trend-forward retail sales. CMJ Access is an integrated marketing agency specializing in providing its clients unparalleled access to the college and young adult demographic and emerging music world. Log on to www.cmj2010.com. for more information about all of CMJ’s products and services.